Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander HIV Awareness Week Newsletter
ATSIHAW 2017: 27 November – 1 December
ATSIHAW is our week to promote awareness of HIV in our communities. ATSIHAW is celebrating its 4th year, and we are planning a big week of events right across Australia.
We would like to thank all of the participating ACCHS and other organisations for making 2016 such a successful week.
The ATSIHAW committee has begun meeting and planning activities for 2017. This year’s events will be coordinated by Kathleen Brodie, who works as a Research Administration Officer within SAHMRI.
ATSIHAW 2017 committee members:
- Sandra Wilcox – Tasmanian Aboriginal Corporation
- Sally Cairnduff – Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW
- Sarah Betts – Aboriginal Health Council of SA
- Liz Moore – Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance NT
- Jennifer Needham – Aboriginal Health Council of WA
- Richard Mola – Thursday Island Primary Health Care Centre
- Garry Sattell – Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Bonnie Briggs – Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW
- Lisa Barnes – Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service
ATSIHAW would like to thank Christine Saddler, Mark Saunders and Darren Braun for their commitment, contribution and ongoing support.
Read the ATSIHAW Newsletter in full here
2017 ATSIHAW EVENTS & MERCHANDISE
‘Expression of interest’ forms to host an ATSIHAW are now available. If your organisation wants to host an ATSIHAW event during the week, please complete the form and return to us. Expression of interest forms can be downloaded here. Once completed, please return to firstname.lastname@example.org